How to push to savannah

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi,

What's the proper way to push to savannah (ideally ssh using keys)?

granted, I do not do this very often and it seems I forgot how to push.

Currently I am using this path to pull http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
I cannot push with this path so I tried

$ hg push -b stable https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
pushing to https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
no changes made to subrepo gnulib since last push to http://hg.octave.org/gnulib
searching for changes
abort: authorization failed

Which I assume is caused by the fact that my global [ui] configuration
is not suited for savannah. However editing .hg/hgrc with the username
I used ot log in at savannah did not changed the situation.

Then I tried ssh with username, but the credentials I use to log in
fail (I do have a ssh key registered, but it is not used for some
reason)

$ hg push -b stable ssh://[hidden email]/hgweb/octave/
pushing to ssh://[hidden email]/hgweb/octave/
[hidden email]'s password:
[hidden email]'s password: remote: Permission denied,
please try again.

Any help very welcomed.

Re: How to push to savannah

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 11 Sep 2018, at 23:49, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> $ hg push -b stable https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/

You can use https to pull but I think you must use ssh to push:

  hg push -b stable ssh://<username>@hg.sv.gnu.org/octave

c.

Re: How to push to savannah

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 12 Sep 2018, at 13:19, Carlo de Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Sep 2018, at 23:49, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> $ hg push -b stable https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
>
> You can use https to pull but I think you must use ssh to push:
>
>  hg push -b stable ssh://<username>@hg.sv.gnu.org/octave
>
> c.

> $ hg push -b stable ssh://[hidden email]/hgweb/octave/
> pushing to ssh://[hidden email]/hgweb/octave/
> [hidden email]'s password:
> [hidden email]'s password: remote: Permission denied,
> please try again.

ooops, you knew already, so that is not the issue here ...
c.

Re: How to push to savannah

mmuetzel
Did you upload your public key to savannah?

IIRC, I followed the instructions on this site:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

Markus