How to save workspace in binary?

Chuck Henkel
How do I save a copy of my workspace in binary format? "save foo.mat"
creates an ascii file.

Also, "help -i save" gave this message:

"warning: can't find info file!"

Is there an envar that I need to set to point at my info tree?

Chuck Henkel
Westinghouse Savannah River Company
[hidden email]  (803)725-1611

Re: How to save workspace in binary?

John Eaton-4
[hidden email] (Chuck Henkel) wrote:

: How do I save a copy of my workspace in binary format? "save foo.mat"
: creates an ascii file.

There is currently no way to save data in a binary format with Octave.

Someone has already written the C-style binary read/write functions
fread() and fwrite(), but I haven't installed them because I am
waiting for papers for the changes.

If anyone is interested in doing the work to make save and load work
with binary data, please send me a message.