Quantcast

How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

Angelica
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone!

I'm new in Octave! I've already tried with different plots and languages but I still cannot smooth the curves or "fill" them with a trasparent colour, so that it could be clearer.
Please HELP if you can! And THANK YOU SO MUCH

Here is the plot I've got:

And here is the plot I would love:

At last, this is the script:

load pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr
load pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr_E1

E1=pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr_E1(1:7,1)
zero=pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr_E1(1:7,2)

%// Define the x values
x = (0:1/6:1).'
xMat = repmat(x, 1, 7) %// For plot3

%// Define y values
y = 0.1:0.1:0.7
yMat = repmat(y, numel(x), 1) %//For plot3

%// Define z values
z1 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(1 : 7,3)
z2 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(8 : 14,3)
z3 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(15 : 21,3)
z4 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(22 : 28,3)
z5 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(29 : 35,3)
z6 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(36 : 42,3)
z7 = pos_epscost_senzalam_indecr(43 : 49,3)
zMat = [z1 z2 z3 z4 z5 z6 z7] %// For plot3

plot3(xMat, yMat, zMat)
hold on
plot3(E1',y,zero, '-*')
title('POSITIVE LEADERS, EpsCost, no lambda CIdecreasing')
legend('t1')
grid
xlabel('u')
ylabel('time')
zlabel('f(u)')
view(40,40) %// Adjust viewing angle so you can clearly see data

Re: How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

NJank
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Angelica <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm new in Octave! I've already tried with different plots and languages but
I still cannot smooth the curves or "fill" them with a trasparent colour, so
that it could be clearer.
Please HELP if you can!

I've attached the plot I've got,
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4683145/Schermata_2017-05-02_alle_22.png>

and here is the script:
<snip>

can you provide an example or a better description of what result you're trying to produce? Maybe there's an example plot out there you're trying to emulate that you could show us?  Do you mean you want a surface plot rather than a series of line plots? I'm not sure what you mean by a transparent fill color.

Re: How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

Angelica
Hi NJank!
Thank you so much for the help!
I've attached two figures:
The first one is what i've already done,
The second one shows what I would like to obtain!
I'm trying to use "interp1" for the smooth effect..

Thank you and let me know your ideas!

Re: How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Angelica <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi NJank!
Thank you so much for the help!
I've attached two figures:
The first one is what i've already done,
The second one shows what I would like to obtain!
I'm trying to use "interp1" for the smooth effect..

Thank you and let me know your ideas!

I don't see any attachments.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

Angelica

It would be great even a help just with the interp2!

On May 4, 2017 8:11 PM, "Angelica" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be great even a help just with the interp2!

There is a data smoothing package with the function linked below. There's a fairly detailed example on that page which might be useful in at least getting that part done

Re: How to smooth and fill 2dfunctions in a 3d plot

Angelica
I can't actually find the function in the package!