I cant compile (53440f9bffba)

Doug Stewart-4
This is the first error :

libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/unix/moc-Emulation.cc:18:2: error: #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
 #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"

An Ideas of how to fix it?
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: I cant compile (53440f9bffba)

Mike Miller-4
On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:05:45 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> This is the first error :
>
> libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/unix/moc-Emulation.cc:18:2: error: #error
> "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>  #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>
> An Ideas of how to fix it?

It looks like you are compiling with some mixed versions of Qt packages
on your system. Did you recently upgrade or change the version of Qt you
are building Octave with?

Specifically, the error says that you ran moc from Qt version 5.5.1, but
you are compiling with Qt header files from a different version of Qt.

Re: I cant compile (53440f9bffba)

Daniel Sebald
On 04/01/2018 01:17 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:05:45 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
>> This is the first error :
>>
>> libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/unix/moc-Emulation.cc:18:2: error: #error
>> "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>>   #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>>
>> An Ideas of how to fix it?
>
> It looks like you are compiling with some mixed versions of Qt packages
> on your system. Did you recently upgrade or change the version of Qt you
> are building Octave with?
>
> Specifically, the error says that you ran moc from Qt version 5.5.1, but
> you are compiling with Qt header files from a different version of Qt.

Along that line, type

@linux ~ $ moc --version
moc 5.5.1

If your moc is greater than 5.5.1 you may need to delete the moc- files.
  (They should be in the BUILD directory, as opposed to the SOURCE
directory.)  If not, then you'll need to upgrade your version of moc
somewhere in the package manager.

Dan

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Mike Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:05:45 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> This is the first error :
>
> libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/unix/moc-Emulation.cc:18:2: error: #error
> "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>  #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.1. It"
>
> An Ideas of how to fix it?

It looks like you are compiling with some mixed versions of Qt packages
on your system. Did you recently upgrade or change the version of Qt you
are building Octave with?

Specifically, the error says that you ran moc from Qt version 5.5.1, but
you are compiling with Qt header files from a different version of Qt.

Thanks Mike.
I did
./configure  --with-qt=5
and it worked, but I thought that qt5 was the default.

DASCertificate for 206392

On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:48:14 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I did
> ./configure  --with-qt=5
> and it worked, but I thought that qt5 was the default.

It is the default.

I guess that the ./configure forced the moc-* files to be regenerated,
you probably didn't need the --with-qt option. You might have also been
able to delete the moc-* files as Dan suggested.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Mike Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:48:14 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I did
> ./configure  --with-qt=5
> and it worked, but I thought that qt5 was the default.

It is the default.

I guess that the ./configure forced the moc-* files to be regenerated,
you probably didn't need the --with-qt option. You might have also been
able to delete the moc-* files as Dan suggested.

I had done a complete
./bootstrap
./configure
make
  without success .
then did
./configure  --with-qt=5
and make and it worked.
Thanks to all.
Doug

DASCertificate for 206392

On 04/01/2018 01:55 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Mike Miller <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 14:48:14 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
>     > I did
>     > ./configure  --with-qt=5
>     > and it worked, but I thought that qt5 was the default.
>
>     It is the default.
>
>     I guess that the ./configure forced the moc-* files to be regenerated,
>     you probably didn't need the --with-qt option. You might have also been
>     able to delete the moc-* files as Dan suggested.
>
>     --
>     mike
>
> I had done a complete
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> make
>    without success .
> then did
> ./configure  --with-qt=5
> and make and it worked.
> Thanks to all.
> Doug

It might be worth redoing your original configuration without the
"--with-qt=5" option and investigate with the config.log looks like.

Did you do anything in between with updating packages or anything?  One
thing that could happen is that the builder has all of the packages
necessary for Qt 4 but not the now-required Qt5Help:

   ## Check for Qt libraries
   case "$qt_version" in
     4)
       QT_MODULES="QtCore QtGui QtNetwork QtOpenGL QtHelp"
     ;;
     5)
       QT_MODULES="Qt5Core Qt5Gui Qt5Network Qt5OpenGL Qt5PrintSupport
Qt5Help"
     ;;
     *)
       as_fn_error $? "Unrecognized Qt version $qt_version" "$LINENO" 5
     ;;
   esac

in which case the config would fall back to Qt4.  (If the builder didn't
have a complete Qt 4 package list, then the GUI would be excluded.)

The other aspect of this is that the version check goes through a loop,
first looking whether Qt 4 is complete, then whether Qt 5 is complete.
It could be that the MOC check

   for ac_prog in moc-qt$qt_version
   do
     # Extract the first word of "$ac_tool_prefix$ac_prog", so it can be
a program name with args.
[snip]
       if test -n "$MOC" && test -n "$QTCHOOSER"; then
         MOCFLAGS="-qt$qt_version"
       fi

is independent.  That is, if there isn't already, there should be some
logic that prevents MOCFLAGS="-qt5" if the Qt 5 package check fails.
It's hard to tell the logic because AC-tools indents the output file
"configure" so poorly.  In any case, that would be an auto-config issue,
not Octave.

Dan