I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu

I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu

Jan Hänninen / JANHANNI

Hi everybody,

I have tried to compile bit 64 octave on Ubuntu. The compiling stop always at same situation,

.

.

.

checking whether SDOT is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether DDOT is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether CDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether ZDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether the integer size is correct... no
configure: error: BLAS doesn't seem to support 64-bit integers.  This is incompatible with --enable-64.

I have tested everything, that has come to mind. I Have also searched information, but I haven't find right knowledge.

My best regards,

Jan Hänninen

--
Terveisin JANHANNI
--------------------------------

Re: I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu

Andreas Weber-6
Am 24.07.2017 um 15:10 schrieb Jan Hänninen / JANHANNI:
> I have tried to compile bit 64 octave on Ubuntu.

Are you sure you need 64bit indexing? This will require all numerical
libs to also be compiled for 64bit indexing (see dougs link).

-- Andy

Re: I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu

siko1056
Like Andy says, if you are really sure you need 64-bit indices, it requires you to compile OpenBLAS, SuiteSparse, Arpack-NG, and QRUPDATE yourself. Besides the link Doug provided, there is the MXE-Octave project [1] to build all of Octave's dependencies (mostly intended for the Windows-Port). Admittedly, I never got MXE to work on my Linux system. Maybe I did not try hard enough and I found it too heavy to compile all the dependencies my distributions provides anyway.

Some more lightweight approaches to only compile the minimum required libraries for 64-bit indexing is to my knowledge a project of Mike [2] and a similar one by me [3]. The most interesting parts of [2] and [3] for you are the `configure` and `make` flags and parameters for an own approach.

HTH, Kai

P.S.: Currently I am able to build a 64-bit Octave version on openSUSE 42.3 using [3].

[1]: https://wiki.octave.org/MXE
[2]: https://bitbucket.org/mtmiller/octave-64-bit-index-builder
[3]: https://github.com/siko1056/GNU-Octave-enable-64