IBA dat files

tomkut
Dear Octavers
Anyone knows or came across a way to read IBA dat files?

Re: IBA dat files

Pantxo
tomkut wrote
> Dear Octavers
> Anyone knows or came across a way to read IBA dat files?
>
> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

Can you give more context (what is IBA? the extention, the name of a
software ...)  and eventually attach a sample file?

Pantxo

Re: IBA dat files

tomkut
Pantxo wrote
> what is IBA? the extention, the name of a
> software ...)  and eventually attach a sample file?
>
> Pantxo
> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

IBA is a data processing software, and much more
http://www.iba-america.com/en/products/software/ibaanalyzer/
Test.dat <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372862/Test.dat>

Re: IBA dat files

Pantxo
tomkut wrote

> Pantxo wrote
>> what is IBA? the extention, the name of a
>> software ...)  and eventually attach a sample file?
>>
>> Pantxo
>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html
>
> IBA is a data processing software, and much more
> http://www.iba-america.com/en/products/software/ibaanalyzer/
> Test.dat &lt;http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372862/Test.dat&gt;
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

I see this in the first page:

"Besides the well-known dat format, other possible export formats are a text
file (ASCII) or the Comtrade format. With this function, measurement files
can be exchanged with other programs, e.g. spreadsheet programs. "

Well I know many sofware that produce .dat files and none of them have a
specification ... so you are on your own (or you can ask for a spec to IBA
software vendor). If I were you I would export the same data in text and dat
format and try to reverse engenieer the header (ASCII) of the binary .dat
file.

Pantxo

Re: IBA dat files

tomkut
Pantxo wrote

> Well I know many sofware that produce .dat files and none of them have a
> specification ... so you are on your own (or you can ask for a spec to IBA
> software vendor). If I were you I would export the same data in text and
> dat
> format and try to reverse engenieer the header (ASCII) of the binary .dat
> file.
> Pantxo
> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

I do have a library from them to handle their format, but the matlab code
does not execute in octave. Hence I created thread: "actx reading from IBA's
.dat file"