Quantcast

Image Processing Toolkit

Chaitanya Prasad
Hi,

I've been subscribing to the mailing list for Octave for a few months now though I haven't actively contributed. I'm currently working on an Image Processing personal project and I've found the toolkit to be extremely slow.

I wanted to know if there is something that I can start working on to make the function implementations faster, or at least comparable to the speed in Matlab.

Regards,
Chaitanya

Re: Image Processing Toolkit

Andreas Weber-6
Hi Chaitanya,

Am 04.02.2017 um 19:08 schrieb Chaitanya Prasad:

> I'm currently working on an
> Image Processing personal project and I've found the toolkit to be
> extremely slow.
>
> I wanted to know if there is something that I can start working on to
> make the function implementations faster, or at least comparable to the
> speed in Matlab.

You think all functions from the image package are extremly slow? If
you've found one which you think can be improved, try the integrated
profiler to find the bottleneck and start from there.

Happy hacking, I'm looking forward to your contributions!
Best regards, Andy