Implementing pdepe

Maor Shutman
Hello,

Is this project on the projects page still open?:
"Implement solver for initial-boundary value problems for parabolic-elliptic PDEs in 1D"

It is on the projects page but I also saw this patch from 2013 and it is closed:

Regards

Re: Implementing pdepe

mmuetzel
Maor Shutman wrote

> Hello,
>
> Is this project on the projects page still open?:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Projects
> "Implement solver for initial-boundary value problems for
> parabolic-elliptic PDEs in 1D"
>
> It is on the projects page but I also saw this patch from 2013 and it is
> closed:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=7929#options
>
> Regards

Hello,

If I correctly follow the discussion and particularly Jordi's message at
[1], the patch was closed and all files removed because the code might have
violated The MathWorks' copyright.

If you are interested in implementing this feature, the project is still
open. But please refrain from "consulting" code in .m files included in
Matlab. Reading their public documentation and asking for results in Matlab
of specific examples on the mailing list is OK afaiu.

Regards
Markus

[1]:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/pdepe-and-pdeval-td4659659.html#a4659676