Infected file found during installation

facenian
Helo, I can not install Octave 4.2.2 for Windows because this file is
infected : qscintilla2_qt5.dll
Kaspersky detects it and deletes it.

Can this problem be solved?

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372800/Infected_file.png>

Re: Infected file found during installation

Dmitri A. Sergatskov

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 12:04 PM, facenian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Helo, I can not install Octave 4.2.2 for Windows because this file is
infected : qscintilla2_qt5.dll
Kaspersky detects it and deletes it.

Can this problem be solved?

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372800/Infected_file.png>

​Yes. Un-install Kaspersky.

Dmitri.

Re: Infected file found during installation

Przemek Klosowski-7
On 03/23/2018 01:04 PM, facenian wrote:
> Helo, I can not install Octave 4.2.2 for Windows because this file is
> infected : qscintilla2_qt5.dll
> Kaspersky detects it and deletes it.
Could you upload this file to virustotal.com and report what they think?
If it's just Kaspersky complaining, then I would suggest contacting
their support and requesting them to update the definition file. We've
done that with other virus checker companies and they turned around
within reasonable time---subsequent virus database updates no longer
flagged the file.