Infinite recursion warning

Carlo de Falco-2

Hi,

since this changeset:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/39186eac5a05

I see the following warning (repeated many times) when compiling with clang++ :

../octave/libinterp/corefcn/pr-output.h:202:1: warning: all paths through this function will call itself [-Winfinite-recursion]
{
^
1 warning generated.

It is just a warning but it looks a bit scary so I thought it might be worth reprting.

c.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Infinite recursion warning

On 02/19/2018 07:10 AM, Carlo De Falco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since this changeset:
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/39186eac5a05
>
> I see the following warning (repeated many times) when compiling with clang++ :
>
> ../octave/libinterp/corefcn/pr-output.h:202:1: warning: all paths through this function will call itself [-Winfinite-recursion]
> {
> ^
> 1 warning generated.
>
> It is just a warning but it looks a bit scary so I thought it might be worth reprting.

Oops.  I checked in a fix:

   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/240bd1e4f31e