Installing the communications package on octave 4.2.1

Installing the communications package on octave 4.2.1

Ariel Arelovich
Hello

I've just downloaded and compiled the sources for octave 4.2.1 in order to install the communications package required, at work. It turns out that that one package cannot be installed. as the command

pkg install -forge communications

Throws this error:

galois.h:25:28: fatal error: octave/base-lu.h: No such file or directory
 #include <octave/base-lu.h>

Along with several warnings. I've seen that this error is common and known, however it is suggested the packaged is compiled in a way that I'm not familiar with.

Can anyone provide me with a guide on the steps to follow to install this package, please?

Regards,