Introduction for Gsoc '19

Sumegh Roychowdhury
Hello,

I'm Sumegh Roychowdhury , a 2nd year Student of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur .  I would like to contribute to this Umbrella organization under JULIA in view of Gsoc "19 . So , can any mentor please guide me regarding this, by telling where to start with or which issues to look into currently , i.e. the ideas to work upon this year with .

I have good experience with several programming languages like JAVA,C++,PYTHON and would be happy enough to pick up any new technologies/frameworks/languages required for work.

Also i'm very interested in developing Mathematical optimisations code and would love to do some useful contributions to JULIA too.

Thanks.

Re: Introduction for Gsoc '19

Sahil
Hey There,

In order to start with contributions to Julia, kindly have a look at [1] and
their discourse [2]. I believe you must've mistaken Octave for Julia, or
might've sent the wrong email to this mailing list. If you intend to work on
Julia from an Octave point of view, please read this [3] thread and I hope
you'll get why it might not be a good choice to go to.

Thanks,
Sahil

[1] https://julialang.org/soc/ideas-page
[2] https://discourse.julialang.org/