Java-Interface

Ernst Reissner
Dear maintainers,
for now quite a while (half a year) I provided bugs and also fixes for
the java interface.
The problem is, that core functionality is and must be implemented in java.
In c, there is only the jni (java native interface), so it is difficult,
to find a reviewer.

Kai and me want to start some rework.
Feel invited to join our interest group.

Greetings,

Ernst

Re: Java-Interface

siko1056
Ernst Reissner wrote
Dear maintainers,
for now quite a while (half a year) I provided bugs and also fixes for
the java interface.
The problem is, that core functionality is and must be implemented in java.
In c, there is only the jni (java native interface), so it is difficult,
to find a reviewer.

Kai and me want to start some rework.
Feel invited to join our interest group.

Greetings,

Ernst
Ernst Reissner wrote
I think a good starting point is:
//
/bug #48820 <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48820>/: Java interface:
documentation of type conversions Java<=>Octave

Matlab provides extensive documentation on that feature,
which is appropriate since it is really complex.

We should also add a seperate section in the manual describing the
features.
At the same time, this feature is the startpoint motivating many feature
requests and bug reports.

Greetings,

Ernst
Dear Ernst,

I reviewed your patches for bug #48820. If you agree, we can proceed.

Kai.