Jupyter notebooks

Santiago Higuera-2
Hi all:
I'm using Jupyter notebooks with Octave as kernel. When I plot a figure,
it appear occupying all the document's width.

¿Do you know how to manage  the width and height of the figure?

Thanks

Santiago Higuera

Re: Jupyter notebooks

jbect
Le 21/06/2016 à 17:56, Santiago Higuera a écrit :
> Hi all:
> I'm using Jupyter notebooks with Octave as kernel. When I plot a
> figure, it appear occupying all the document's width.
>
> ¿Do you know how to manage  the width and height of the figure?
>
> Thanks
>
> Santiago Higuera

Hi Santiago,

I don't know the answer to your question.

The Octave kernel for jupyter is developed by Steven Silvester :
https://github.com/blink1073. I'm not sure whether he is ready this list
or not.

You should ask him.

@++
Julien

Re: Jupyter notebooks

jbect
Le 29/06/2016 à 21:48, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 21/06/2016 à 17:56, Santiago Higuera a écrit :
Hi all:
I'm using Jupyter notebooks with Octave as kernel. When I plot a figure, it appear occupying all the document's width.

¿Do you know how to manage  the width and height of the figure?

Thanks

Santiago Higuera

Hi Santiago,

I don't know the answer to your question.

The Octave kernel for jupyter is developed by Steven Silvester : https://github.com/blink1073. I'm not sure whether he is ready this list or not.

I meant : "whether he is *reading* this list or not"...

Re: Jupyter notebooks

Colin Macdonald-2
On 29/06/16 12:50, Julien Bect wrote:
>> The Octave kernel for jupyter is developed by Steven Silvester :
>> https://github.com/blink1073. I'm not sure whether he is ready this
>> list or not.

He is aware that plotting isn't quite right:

 >> getting plotting right has proven to be tricky ;-)

[https://github.com/Calysto/octave_kernel/issues/41]

BTW, I tested the kernel: works quite well.  I played with interval,
symbolic and doctest packages and they seemed to work fine within it.

Colin

Re: Jupyter notebooks

Santiago Higuera-2
Thanks all. It's a good tool, I'll be attentive