Lint checking Octave

Rik-4
Task #8 on the release checklist is to run various lint checkers on the
Octave code base and fix any results.

Someone has kindly run a static analyzer on the Octave code base which has
produced many warnings that need to be looked at and either fixed or
dismissed.  I have created a page to track the status of this at
https://wiki.octave.org/PVS_static_analyzer_-_5.0_Release.  The original
bug report is at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55347.  If you have
changesets that fix one of the issues you should upload them to bug #55347
so that one of the Octave Maintainer's can apply them.

--Rik

Re: Lint checking Octave

Andreas Weber-6
Am 31.12.18 um 21:10 schrieb Rik:
> dismissed.  I have created a page to track the status of this at
> https://wiki.octave.org/PVS_static_analyzer_-_5.0_Release.

How should we proceed if someone who checks the point can confirm, that
there is a problem but is not able to solve it?

For example this
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c164cfc24bdd#l2.171

looks like a copy and paste error but I don't know what was intended here.

-- Andy

Re: Lint checking Octave

Andreas Weber-6
Am 31.12.18 um 21:10 schrieb Rik:
> dismissed.  I have created a page to track the status of this at
> https://wiki.octave.org/PVS_static_analyzer_-_5.0_Release.  The original
> bug report is at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55347.

There are many of V668 "There is no sense in testing the pointer against
null, as the memory was allocated using the 'new' operator. The
exception will be generated in the case of memory allocation error."

Should we remove all of them (with one commit)?

-- Andy