MATLAB-compatible file functions

Eyal Doron
Hi,
   Can we expect MATLB-compatible file handling functions in the future?
Currently file handling is one of the more incompatible Octave-Matlab
areas:
*) fprintf, fscanf, sprintf, etc. are not vectorized.
*) Fseek and friends return 1 for success and 0 for failure, while
   Matlab uses 0 and -1.
*) fread and fwrite do not recognize all of the Matlab-defined binary
   types (eg. 'real*4');
*) fseek does not recognize the string arguments 'bof', 'eof', etc.
*) Some other stuff I can't recall now.

Thanks,
    Eyal Doron

MATLAB-compatible file functions

John W. Eaton-6
On 19-Jun-1996, Eyal Doron <[hidden email]> wrote:

:    Can we expect MATLB-compatible file handling functions in the future?
: Currently file handling is one of the more incompatible Octave-Matlab
: areas:
: *) fprintf, fscanf, sprintf, etc. are not vectorized.
: *) Fseek and friends return 1 for success and 0 for failure, while
:    Matlab uses 0 and -1.
: *) fread and fwrite do not recognize all of the Matlab-defined binary
:    types (eg. 'real*4');
: *) fseek does not recognize the string arguments 'bof', 'eof', etc.
: *) Some other stuff I can't recall now.

As far as I know, all of these problems are fixed in my current
sources and the I/O functions are now mostly compatible with the
Matlab versions.