MXE-Octave: Duplicate files in Windows installer

MXE-Octave: Duplicate files in Windows installer

mmuetzel
The Windows installer seems to install the same files to lib64 and to lib.
Actually a few files seem to be present in lib that are not installed in
lib64. But there seems to be a copy of each file in lib64 also in lib.
That accounts for approximately 400MB of files in total that are duplicated.
Is this necessary? Or can this be easily avoided?

Markus

RE: MXE-Octave: Duplicate files in Windows installer

John Donoghue-3

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 12:02:25 -0500 (CDT)
> From: mmuetzel <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: MXE-Octave: Duplicate files in Windows installer
>
> The Windows installer seems to install the same files to lib64 and to lib.
> Actually a few files seem to be present in lib that are not installed in
> lib64. But there seems to be a copy of each file in lib64 also in lib.
> That accounts for approximately 400MB of files in total that are
duplicated.
> Is this necessary? Or can this be easily avoided?
>
> Markus

I believe they were needed in order to compile build-gcc for mingw, although
originally when trying to compile as multilib, which we aren't doing any
more, and so may not be necessary anymore

There is also a lib32 directory.

I think only the lib folder is needed