MXE configure option --with-ccache

Rik-4
Is the --with-ccache option to MXE working for anyone?  I thought this
would simply add "ccache " as a prefix to $CXX, i.e.,

CXX="ccache $CXX"

so that ccache would be used with the cross-compiler.  But I configured and
built MXE-octave and the statistics available with "ccache -s" show that no
new files were added to the cache.

--Rik

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: MXE configure option --with-ccache

On 03/02/2018 02:40 PM, Rik wrote:
> Is the --with-ccache option to MXE working for anyone?  I thought this
> would simply add "ccache " as a prefix to $CXX, i.e.,
>
> CXX="ccache $CXX"
>
> so that ccache would be used with the cross-compiler.  But I configured and
> built MXE-octave and the statistics available with "ccache -s" show that no
> new files were added to the cache.

It works by creating a subdirectory (usr/bin/ccache) with symbolic links
to /usr/bin/ccache for the compilers mxe-octave expects to use.  I don't
know if that's the best thing, but it seemed to work for me.  Maybe it
stopped working at some point and I didn't notice?

On 03/02/2018 11:40 AM, Rik wrote:

> Is the --with-ccache option to MXE working for anyone?  I thought this
> would simply add "ccache " as a prefix to $CXX, i.e.,
>
> CXX="ccache $CXX"
>
> so that ccache would be used with the cross-compiler.  But I configured and
> built MXE-octave and the statistics available with "ccache -s" show that no
> new files were added to the cache.
>
> --Rik
Never mind.  It's a little odd, but the "prerequisites" target is only run
for 'make all'.  I use 'make nsis-installer' which doesn't trigger the target.