Mat files in 7.3 format

avlas-2
Hi,

You may know already, but for the case you don't and think this could be an interesting add-on, I just wanted to let you know about the MATLAB MAT File I/O Library (https://github.com/tbeu/matio), which supports Mat v. 7.3 format.

This is important for improving the compatibility between GNU Octave and MATLAB, mainly in what refers to saving variables that are > 2GB.

I don't know if you currently have the man power and interest to prioritize this, but I thought it was sth interesting to propose... (perhaps even as Google summer of code project).

Thanks for considering

a.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Mat files in 7.3 format

avlas-2
El diumenge, 4 de febrer de 2018, a les 11:22:27 EST, avlas va escriure:

  Hi,

  You may know already, but for the case you don't and think this could be an interesting add-on, I just wanted to let you know about the MATLAB MAT File I/O Library (https://github.com/tbeu/matio), which supports Mat v. 7.3 format.

  This is important for improving the compatibility between GNU Octave and MATLAB, mainly in what refers to saving variables that are > 2GB.

  I don't know if you currently have the man power and interest to prioritize this, but I thought it was sth interesting to propose... (perhaps even as Google summer of code project).

  Thanks for considering

  a.

Not only saving, but also loading, of course...