Quantcast

Matrices

CluelessRory
Hi,
I'm trying to assign shelf locations of a warehouse to cells in a matrix, with the aim of being able to measure the x-y distance between any two locations on the shelves.

11 12 13 14
21 22 23 24
31 32 33 34
41 42 43 44

For instance, I would want to be able to measure the distance from location 34 to location 12 (Which should give me (3x + 4y) - (x + 2y) = 2x + 2y.
How do I go about doing this on Octave?
Please help.

Re: Matrices

Alberto Luaces