Memory Leaks in Octave ?

Vinayak Dutt

Hi:

  I am running Octave for real large number of computations: It would
take something like 3-4 days to finish my job (if Octave did not die
by then). It involves 3D integrals (;-) for some 9000 sets. I notice that
after computing some 30-40 of such integrals, Octave quits with
some message like "error: out of dynamic memory ...". This sounds
like some memory leak problem. Any comments ?

PS: My config: SPARC Solaris 2.4. OCTAVE compiled with gcc 2.6.3 and
SunPro F77 3.0.1.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * ex-graduate student, ultrasound research
 * mayo graduate school, rochester mn
 *
 * e-mail: [hidden email]
 *         [hidden email]
 *         [hidden email]
 *
 */
#include "disclaimer.h"

Memory Leaks in Octave ?

John W. Eaton-6
Vinayak Dutt <[hidden email]> wrote:

:   I am running Octave for real large number of computations: It would
: take something like 3-4 days to finish my job (if Octave did not die
: by then). It involves 3D integrals (;-) for some 9000 sets. I notice that
: after computing some 30-40 of such integrals, Octave quits with
: some message like "error: out of dynamic memory ...". This sounds
: like some memory leak problem. Any comments ?

Please submit a complete bug report to [hidden email],
including enough information for me to reproduce the problem.