Minor problem on the OF website

jbect
Hi Oliver, hi all,

I have spotted a minor problem on the function references pages such as this one :

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html
.

Choosing "Model Simplification" in the the "Select category menu" leads to

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html#Model_Simplification

but the the "Model simplification" header and the first function of the category are hidden behind the top menu panel.

@++
Julien

Re: Minor problem on the OF website

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:11 AM Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Oliver, hi all,

I have spotted a minor problem on the function references pages such as this one :

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html
.

Choosing "Model Simplification" in the the "Select category menu" leads to

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html#Model_Simplification

but the the "Model simplification" header and the first function of the category are hidden behind the top menu panel.

@++
Julien

I do remember seeing this problem, but it has been fixed for my version of octave.

What version do you have? what OS?

DASCertificate for 206392

Le 08/11/2018 à 12:10, Doug Stewart a écrit :

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:11 AM Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Oliver, hi all,

I have spotted a minor problem on the function references pages such as this one :

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html
.

Choosing "Model Simplification" in the the "Select category menu" leads to

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html#Model_Simplification

but the the "Model simplification" header and the first function of the category are hidden behind the top menu panel.

@++
Julien

I do remember seeing this problem, but it has been fixed for my version of octave.

What version do you have? what OS?

This is no directly related to Octave : I am talking about the web site.

I see the same problem both in Firefox and in Chromium (under Debian 9.5).

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:10 AM Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am on ubuntu 18.04 and firefox and chrom  both look good.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Minor problem on the OF website

Oliver Heimlich
On 08.11.18 09:10, Julien Bect wrote:

> Hi Oliver, hi all,
>
> I have spotted a minor problem on the function references pages such as
> this one :
>
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html
>
> Choosing "Model Simplification" in the the "Select category menu" leads to
>
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html#Model_Simplification
>
> but the the "Model simplification" header and the first function of the
> category are hidden behind the top menu panel.

Hi Julien,

thanks for spotting this and for the reminder to also make package
documentation websites responsive. ;-)

I have fixed the problem with a little CSS hack. The targeted element
had been hidden under the sticky menu bar.

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/project-web/ci/a9fc2184d583ba7f519d16aeb2d55e4535d3e2e8/

Best
Oliver

Le 12/11/2018 à 07:47, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :

> On 08.11.18 09:10, Julien Bect wrote:
>> Hi Oliver, hi all,
>>
>> I have spotted a minor problem on the function references pages such as
>> this one :
>>
>> https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html
>>
>> Choosing "Model Simplification" in the the "Select category menu" leads to
>>
>> https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/overview.html#Model_Simplification
>>
>> but the the "Model simplification" header and the first function of the
>> category are hidden behind the top menu panel.
> Hi Julien,
>
> thanks for spotting this and for the reminder to also make package
> documentation websites responsive. ;-)
The reminder was not intended...

It looks great now.  @++