Quantcast

Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows XP

Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows XP

Aimad Saib-2
Hello everyone,

I have installed Otave 3.0 with gnuplot graphic handling on Windows XP
and I have some problems with the mouse and keyboard utilities (i.e.
zoom, replot, unzoom, grid...). I have fixed this problem in an earlier
version used with cygwin (2.73) by adding "set mouse" in the .octaverc
file. I tried the same solution (i.e. adding "set mouse" in C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\3.0.0\m\startup\octaverc) but get "syntax
error" at startup of octave.

Any help please?

Thanks and regards,
Aimad

"The information contained in this email and any document/file attached may contain information that is confidential and proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, the use of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please immediately notify the sender with the "reply" option, return the message and delete or destroy all copies of it as well as its attachments, without reading or saving it in any manner. The views expressed in this email may not necessarily be the views of Cissoid. Cissoid have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. However, you should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. Cissoid accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments."

Re: Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows XP

ellocco
Please read in the information about octave 3.0,
switch bag to 2.73, or wait. It is a gnuplot issue.
Perhaps the newest gnuplot can help, so ask the
gnuplot-people for advice.

Regards,

Stefan

***

2008/2/25, Aimad Saib <[hidden email]>:

> Hello everyone,
>
>  I have installed Otave 3.0 with gnuplot graphic handling on Windows XP
>  and I have some problems with the mouse and keyboard utilities (i.e.
>  zoom, replot, unzoom, grid...). I have fixed this problem in an earlier
>  version used with cygwin (2.73) by adding "set mouse" in the .octaverc
>  file. I tried the same solution (i.e. adding "set mouse" in C:\Program
>  Files\Octave\share\octave\3.0.0\m\startup\octaverc) but get "syntax
>  error" at startup of octave.
>
>  Any help please?
>
>  Thanks and regards,
>  Aimad
>
>  "The information contained in this email and any document/file attached may contain information that is confidential and proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, the use of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please immediately notify the sender with the "reply" option, return the message and delete or destroy all copies of it as well as its attachments, without reading or saving it in any manner. The views expressed in this email may not necessarily be the views of Cissoid. Cissoid have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. However, you should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. Cissoid accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments."

Tel.: 0731-3805149
Ochsensteige 48
89075 Ulm

Re: Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows XP

tmacchant
Hello

Mouse zoom is now impossible for the octave-MSVC because it uses special version gnuplot 4.2.2
by Michael Goffioul.

Now I'm trying to use the most recent version of pgnuplot+wgnuplot but the attempt have not been
fililled.

Only possible way now is the the gnuplot4.3 (CVS) on cygwin.
For the mingw-octave, I have tested it works well.

http://www.nabble.com/cygwin-gnuplot-(CVS)-can-be-used-from-mingw-octave-3.0.0-(mouse-zoomin-active!!)-to15322278.html#a15322278

Regards

Tatsuro