Multiplying Equations

Liezl Koornhof
To whom it may concern,

I am doing my final year project for Industrial Engineering and I have encountered a problem while programming in octave.

The problem occurs when I try to multiple two equations with multiple variables.

Here is an example:
f(x) = (a/b)*(x/b)
g(y) = (a/b)*(y/b)

h(x,y) = f(x)*g(y)

the error I am given states that the binary operand * cannot be used in this situation. Please can you tell me in what manner I can multiply these equations.

Thank you

--
L Koornhof
Industrial Engineering Student

Re: Multiplying Equations

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Liezl Koornhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
To whom it may concern,

I am doing my final year project for Industrial Engineering and I have encountered a problem while programming in octave.

The problem occurs when I try to multiple two equations with multiple variables.

Here is an example:
f(x) = (a/b)*(x/b)
g(y) = (a/b)*(y/b)

h(x,y) = f(x)*g(y)

the error I am given states that the binary operand * cannot be used in this situation. Please can you tell me in what manner I can multiply these equations.

Thank you

What is a  and b and x and y

Do you have the control pkg installed?

Doug