New user needs help

Daniel Collins

Folks,

                I have recently installed 64-bit GNU Octave onto my I7 Windows 7 machine; I think that it is very similar to MatLab, with which I have experience.  I had to download and install Notepad++ so that I could edit the program and run it in the CLI.  I don’t seem to be getting any computations from the Octave program, which I have named first.m.  I run the program as I would run a MatLab script, but there is no output to my text file, first.txt.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

-Daniel J. Collins

Re: New user needs help

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Daniel Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

Folks,

                I have recently installed 64-bit GNU Octave onto my I7 Windows 7 machine; I think that it is very similar to MatLab, with which I have experience.  I had to download and install Notepad++ so that I could edit the program and run it in the CLI.  I don’t seem to be getting any computations from the Octave program, which I have named first.m.  I run the program as I would run a MatLab script, but there is no output to my text file, first.txt.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

-Daniel J. Collins

_

You will have to show us the file first.m

Re: New user needs help

tmacchant