Newbie Question?

stein-4

Hi,

a few days ago, I downloaded a precompiled version (SUN, Solaris)
of octave. I do not know about all files of octave (e.g., the
lib directories are empty) and I couldn't find any description
of a directory tree. However, a lot of (C?) functions are not
recognized:

error: `printf' undefined near line 11 column 1
error: evaluating index expression near line 11, column 1
octave:11>

Did I forget something?

With best regards,

  Benno

Newbie Question?

John W. Eaton-6
On 12-Jun-1998, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

| a few days ago, I downloaded a precompiled version (SUN, Solaris)
| of octave. I do not know about all files of octave (e.g., the
| lib directories are empty) and I couldn't find any description
| of a directory tree. However, a lot of (C?) functions are not
| recognized:
|
| error: `printf' undefined near line 11 column 1
| error: evaluating index expression near line 11, column 1
| octave:11>
|
| Did I forget something?

Did you run the install-octave shell script to install Octave, or did
you just untar the distribution?  The file INSTALL.OCTAVE contains
information about how to install binary distributions of Octave.

jwe