No Java support found

gciriani
Every time I restart Octave, the first time I run a program based on XLSREAD, I receive the warning:
Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
If I run again the program, there is no more warning. I thought this was because I needed to expressly load the package Java. However, I've read in the updates, that the more recent versions of Octave no longer require to load Java. Am I missing something?
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Re: No Java support found

PhilipNienhuis
gciriani wrote
Every time I restart Octave, the first time I run a program based on XLSREAD, I receive the warning:
Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
If I run again the program, there is no more warning. I thought this was because I needed to expressly load the package Java. However, I've read in the updates, that the more recent versions of Octave no longer require to load Java. Am I missing something?
Silencing that message (in most circumstances) is on the to-do list.

Philip