No Java support found

gciriani
Every time I restart Octave, the first time I run a program based on XLSREAD, I receive the warning:
Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
If I run again the program, there is no more warning. I thought this was because I needed to expressly load the package Java. However, I've read in the updates, that the more recent versions of Octave no longer require to load Java. Am I missing something?
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Re: No Java support found

PhilipNienhuis
gciriani wrote
Every time I restart Octave, the first time I run a program based on XLSREAD, I receive the warning:
Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
If I run again the program, there is no more warning. I thought this was because I needed to expressly load the package Java. However, I've read in the updates, that the more recent versions of Octave no longer require to load Java. Am I missing something?
Silencing that message (in most circumstances) is on the to-do list.

Philip

Re: No Java support found

turbofib
hi,
do you know if it is possible to silencing message?

i don't want to diplay it

Re: No Java support found

siko1056
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018, 15:38 turbofib, <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,
do you know if it is possible to silencing message?

i don't want to diplay it

Which message do want to be silent?  A general approach is described in the manual [1].

Kai.

Re: No Java support found

turbofib
This post was updated on .
hi,
i want to silent this warning  :

warning: fopen: 'c:\titan\reports\Live CrudeOil 5Min Tf Over.txt' found by
searching load path
warning: fopen: 'c:\titan\reports\Live Dax 5Min Friday Bias Intra.txt' found
by searching load path
warning: fopen: 'c:\titan\reports\Live Dax 5Min Tf Intra V2.txt' found by
searching load path
warning: fopen: 'c:\titan\reports\Live Dax 5Min Tf Intra.txt' found by
searching load path

i've code it:

warning ("off","found by searching load path");

but it's not correct…I see these messages the same

Re: No Java support found

Pantxo
turbofib wrote

> warning: fopen: 'c:\titan\reports\Live Dax 5Min Tf Intra.txt' found by
> searching load path
>
> i've code it:
>
> warning ("off","found by searching load path");
>
> but it's not correct…I see these messages the same
> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

"lastwarn" is what you need. Look at the documentation for "warning",
specifically the third example

## Disable the previous warning and save its original state
[~, id] = lastwarn ();
warnstate = warning ("off", id);
loglog (-1:10);
## Restore its original state