[OF] template or empty package

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi all,

Is there an official template for an OF package?
I guess this should include:

1. The basic folder structure
2. The latest Makefile
3. All the upper case files (NEWS, DESCRIPTION, CITATION, etc.) with
explanatory text.
4. A README.md file with the explanation on how to use the template,
e.g. what to do if there is no source code? what to do if there is no
citation? etc. In particular when-to and how-to use the files PKG_ADD,
PKG_DEL, pre_install.m, post_install.m, on_uninstall.m; which I think
are controversial.

(I guess 4. is an update to the Octave manual as well).

If it exist shouldn't it be linked from here
https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php ?

Thanks

Re: [OF] template or empty package

Carnë Draug
On 24 April 2017 at 23:32, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there an official template for an OF package?
> I guess this should include:
>
> 1. The basic folder structure
> 2. The latest Makefile
> 3. All the upper case files (NEWS, DESCRIPTION, CITATION, etc.) with
> explanatory text.
> 4. A README.md file with the explanation on how to use the template,
> e.g. what to do if there is no source code? what to do if there is no
> citation? etc. In particular when-to and how-to use the files PKG_ADD,
> PKG_DEL, pre_install.m, post_install.m, on_uninstall.m; which I think
> are controversial.
>
> (I guess 4. is an update to the Octave manual as well).
>
> If it exist shouldn't it be linked from here
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php ?
>
> Thanks

There is nothing official but there are the examples I made for my
packaging talks [1].  I guess they could be added to the templates,
next to the Makefile [2].

Carnë

[1] https://bitbucket.org/carandraug/talk-creating-octave-packages/
[2] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/project-web/file/73ce5d49fe90/htdocs/templates