OctConf 2017 Poster Session

siko1056
Dear Andrea,

To bring an A0-poster to CERN, I don't know whether my airline allows me to carry the A0-poster with me (there are hand luggage restrictions and I never tried this before). Was it possible to send it to you by mail? Germany to Switzerland should be possible within one week, I guess. Which address one should choose in order you will receive it on time?

Best,
Kai

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

Andrea Latina
Dear Kai,
you (and whoever might be in your situation) can send the poster to my mail station at CERN:

Andrea Latina
CERN
CH-1211 Geneva 23
Switzerland
Mail Station: L09700

Cheers,
Andrea

On 10 March 2017 at 10:34, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Andrea,

To bring an A0-poster to CERN, I don't know whether my airline allows me to
carry the A0-poster with me (there are hand luggage restrictions and I never
tried this before). Was it possible to send it to you by mail? Germany to
Switzerland should be possible within one week, I guess. Which address one
should choose in order you will receive it on time?

Best,
Kai

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

Sebastian Schöps
siko1056 wrote
To bring an A0-poster to CERN, I don't know whether my airline allows me to carry the A0-poster with me (there are hand luggage restrictions and I never tried this before).
Dear Kai,

we are doing that all the time and it was never an issue (within Europe or outside and regardless of the airline). However, the real issue is to not forget the poster somewhere :)

Sebastian

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

siko1056
Sebastian Schöps wrote
we are doing that all the time and it was never an issue (within Europe or outside and regardless of the airline). However, the real issue is to not forget the poster somewhere :)
Thank you all for the answers, I think I just give it a try. During the day I figured out, that the shipping is ridiculous expensive and the cloth poster is a very nice idea, but also not in my budget :(

Sorry for the noise.

Kai

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 PM, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sebastian Schöps wrote
>> we are doing that all the time and it was never an issue (within Europe or
>> outside and regardless of the airline). However, the real issue is to not
>> forget the poster somewhere :)
>
> Thank you all for the answers, I think I just give it a try. During the day
> I figured out, that the shipping is ridiculous expensive and the cloth
> poster is a very nice idea, but also not in my budget :(
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Kai

Just be aware that we do not have many posters and maybe we just drop
the poster session.

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

Andrea Latina
Hi all,
even if we won't have a dedicated poster session, I encourage whoever wants to just bring his/her poster(s). We will have a very visible space in the main building where posters will be on display during the entire duration of OctConf. They might attract curious people and advertise Octave, even without a proper poster session.

On 12 March 2017 at 01:31, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 PM, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sebastian Schöps wrote
>> we are doing that all the time and it was never an issue (within Europe or
>> outside and regardless of the airline). However, the real issue is to not
>> forget the poster somewhere :)
>
> Thank you all for the answers, I think I just give it a try. During the day
> I figured out, that the shipping is ridiculous expensive and the cloth
> poster is a very nice idea, but also not in my budget :(
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Kai

Just be aware that we do not have many posters and maybe we just drop
the poster session.

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

NJank
As such might it be worth asking people to bring any old posters that still look acceptable?

On Mar 12, 2017 5:49 AM, "Andrea Latina" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
even if we won't have a dedicated poster session, I encourage whoever wants to just bring his/her poster(s). We will have a very visible space in the main building where posters will be on display during the entire duration of OctConf. They might attract curious people and advertise Octave, even without a proper poster session.

On 12 March 2017 at 01:31, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 PM, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sebastian Schöps wrote
>> we are doing that all the time and it was never an issue (within Europe or
>> outside and regardless of the airline). However, the real issue is to not
>> forget the poster somewhere :)
>
> Thank you all for the answers, I think I just give it a try. During the day
> I figured out, that the shipping is ridiculous expensive and the cloth
> poster is a very nice idea, but also not in my budget :(
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Kai

Just be aware that we do not have many posters and maybe we just drop
the poster session.

Re: OctConf 2017 Poster Session

Andrea Latina
Yes, why not?

People coming to OctConf, please bring your nicest Octave posters to put on display during the conference.