Quantcast

Octave 4.20 not working on windows10

Rajesh Kumar

I am also facing the issue with Windows 10. I had installed octave 4.2.0. It worked fine for 2 days and then it stopped working giving message "octave-gui.exe stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I rebooted the machine - same situation

I installed octave 4.0.3. That also meets with same error.
The gui and cli both results in same error.

I am attaching the screen shot link and file. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9POE48SF8-d0RsMDA2YmtwMDQ

Octave_screen_shot.jpg (254K) Download Attachment

Re: Octave 4.20 not working on windows10

tmacchant
>I am also facing the issue with Windows 10. I had installed octave 4.2.0. It worked fine for 2 days and then it stopped working giving message "octave-gui.exe stopped working A
problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

>I rebooted the machine - same situation
>

>I installed octave 4.0.3. That also meets with same error.
>The gui and cli both results in same error.

I have never met such situation on windows 10 but similar reports has been made so far.

What happens if you try execute octave-cli in the (install folder)\bin folder?
(Just double-click octave-cli(.exe) icon.).

Regards

Tatsuro

Re: Octave 4.20 not working on windows10

Andreas Weber-6
Am 22.03.2017 um 06:10 schrieb Tatsuro MATSUOKA:

> [...]

Hi Tatsuro,
do you know where the GUI Settings are stored on Windows? On GNU/Linux
this is ~/.config/octave/qt-settings
Perhaps it might be worth to try delete the file...
-- Andy

Re: Octave 4.20 not working on windows10

tmacchant
> Am 22.03.2017 um 06:10 schrieb Tatsuro MATSUOKA:

On windows Home directory is usually

C:\Users\(user name)

Thus

~/.config/octave/qt-settings is C:\Users\(user name)\.config\octave\qt-settings

Tatsuro

Re: Octave 4.20 not working on windows10

John Frain
Could there be a problem if some of the files in the ~/.config/octave/
directory are read only. At some stage I had problems getting octave
to start and changing the read only attributes to of all such files
appeared to solve the problem. I don't remember any more details or
understand why the files were read-only.
John C Frain, Ph.D.

Economics Department             3 Aranleigh Park
Trinity College Dublin                 Rathfarnham
College Green                           Dublin 14
Dublin 2                                    Ireland
Ireland
www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/frainj/home.htm
mailto:[hidden email]
mailto:[hidden email]