Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error

RT

Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error

RT
Greets

I'm testing the flatpak version of Octave 4.4 which looks great by the way.
My system is Ubuntu 18.04 64bit
I start Octave / Octave's GUI by typing in the terminal with the command:
'flatpak run org.octave.Octave --force-gui'

I get an error even though the package is installed. (But Octave still Launches)
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I then try install the signal package from within the Octave command window with the command:
'pkg install https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz'

I then get an error:
gzip: /tmp/oct-9Q46Sz/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz: not in gzip format
unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: 2
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
error: called from
    unpack at line 257 column 5
    untar at line 47 column 5
    install at line 81 column 9
    pkg at line 437 column 9

​Is there another way to install packages for the flatpak version of Octave 4.4?

Thanks

Re: Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 15:14:25 +0000, RT wrote:
> I'm testing the flatpak version of Octave 4.4 which looks great by the way.

Great, thanks!

> I start Octave / Octave's GUI by typing in the terminal with the command:
> *'flatpak run org.octave.Octave --force-gui'*

Please use '--gui' now instead of '--force-gui'.

> I get an error even though the package is installed. (But Octave still
> Launches)
> *Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"*

This is normal.

> I then try install the signal package from within the Octave command window
> with the command:
>

> *'pkg install
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz
> <https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz>'*

I think what you want is 'pkg install -forge signal', which takes care
of downloading the latest version of the package so you don't have to
know the URL.

But the signal package will not install with Octave 4.4 until 1.4.0 is
posted. Please stay tuned.