Quantcast

Octave Forge: commit message guidelines

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Octave Forge: commit message guidelines

Carnë Draug
Hi everyone

following Octave core example, I would like to propose the same commit
message guidelines for Octave Forge. Basically, the template is a
short description in a single line with less than 80 characters,
followed by an empty line, and a list of the modified files with the
changes done to each of them. For very simple changes, the single line
should be enough. But please read the guidelines [1] and ask if you
have any doubt.

Carnë

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Octave Forge: commit message guidelines

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi,

Can it be that the 1st, 3rd example and "Body of the ..." section do
not follow the guideline? It seems an empty line is missing.


On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> following Octave core example, I would like to propose the same commit
> message guidelines for Octave Forge. Basically, the template is a
> short description in a single line with less than 80 characters,
> followed by an empty line, and a list of the modified files with the
> changes done to each of them. For very simple changes, the single line
> should be enough. But please read the guidelines [1] and ask if you
> have any doubt.
>
> Carnë
>
> [1] http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Octave Forge: commit message guidelines

Carnë Draug
On 23 June 2013 12:32, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> following Octave core example, I would like to propose the same commit
>> message guidelines for Octave Forge. Basically, the template is a
>> short description in a single line with less than 80 characters,
>> followed by an empty line, and a list of the modified files with the
>> changes done to each of them. For very simple changes, the single line
>> should be enough. But please read the guidelines [1] and ask if you
>> have any doubt.
>>
>> Carnë
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines
>
> Can it be that the 1st, 3rd example and "Body of the ..." section do
> not follow the guideline? It seems an empty line is missing.

It can. You're right and I just fixed it.

Carnë
Loading...