[Octave Forge] geometry package release 3.0.0

[Octave Forge] geometry package release 3.0.0

JuanPi
Hi all,

I am happy to announce a new release of the geometry package[1].
Thanks a lot to the OF admins for helping out and pointing to all the
problems in the package. Thanks also to Philip Nienhuis for his
insistence on improving the polygon clipping functionality.

This release includes loads of new functions see the NEWS[2] file.

With this release geometry should be considered a fork of Matgeom[3],
since we have functions that extend Matgeom. However the package still
does not includes all basic Matgeom functionality. From now on the
process of adding Matgheom functions will be much faster. In the past
I tried to fix all functions documentation before adding them to the
geometry package, but this was delaying the process too much. Now,
functions that are tested in octave will be added almost without
adaptation. I hope that over time, and thanks to user reports,
documentation will be improved and functions will become more
efficient (e.g. matlab codes tend to be loopy, especially since they
have JIT compilation, which runs slowly in Octave).

Enjoy!

[1]: https://octave.sourceforge.io/geometry/
[2]: https://octave.sourceforge.io/geometry/NEWS.html
[3]: https://github.com/dlegland/matGeom