Octave-Forge is down

Jake Beal
am maintaining a project that uses octave and various packages from it, and all of our builds are currently broken because we can no longer obtain packages from octave forge.

The website simply says: "Project web is currently offline pending the final migration of its data to our new datacenter."  Everything has been down for more than two days now, with nothing I can find indicating likely completion time.

Is there any predicted time for octave forge to return?

Thanks,
-Jake

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Octave-Forge is down

Nir Krakauer-3
This isn't the first outage we've had with Sourceforge. Could we move or mirror the Forge repository at octave.org?

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Octave-Forge is down

Jake Beal
It would be wonderful if there were anything that improves reliability. This is the first multiday outage I have seen, but I've gotten used to cleaning up forge-triggered CI failures at least once a week.

Thanks,
-Jake
(sent from my phone)

On Feb 16, 2018 8:17 AM, "Nir Krakauer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
This isn't the first outage we've had with Sourceforge. Could we move or mirror the Forge repository at octave.org?

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Octave-Forge is down

Andreas Weber-6
Do we have some information how long this can last? The only thing I can
find is on twitter:

https://twitter.com/sourceforge/status/963684868621242368

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Octave-Forge is down

Andreas Weber-6
I guess this is their main communication channel to inform their users:

https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops