Octave Forge still down?

John Swensen-3
I had pointed a bunch of students to the Control package for an upcoming homework, but am getting deluged with emails that ‘pkg install -forge control’ isn’t working and that half the time they try to go to the OctaveForge website they are getting a "504 Gateway Time-out” message.

I had seen a message last week about Sourceforge problems. Is there an ongoing problem with the website, or it is just some issue with our university network?

John S.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Octave Forge still down?

siko1056
John Swensen-3 wrote

> I had pointed a bunch of students to the Control package for an upcoming
> homework, but am getting deluged with emails that ‘pkg install -forge
> control’ isn’t working and that half the time they try to go to the
> OctaveForge website they are getting a "504 Gateway Time-out” message.
>
> I had seen a message last week about Sourceforge problems. Is there an
> ongoing problem with the website, or it is just some issue with our
> university network?
>
> John S.

Just tried your command from Octave 4.2.1 using my home internet connection
(Germany) and it works fine...

Kai