Octave QA needed?

Tim Biglow
I'm adept at software QA and wonder if there is need for such with GNU Octave.
I'm a Mac user and am interested to help get Octave 4.2.1 working better on Mac OS X 10.12.n.
E.g., I'd selfishly like to help get uicontrol() working as well on Mac as it does on Fedora.

Please advise if/how I might be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Tim Biglow

Re: Octave QA needed?

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Timothy Biglow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm adept at software QA and wonder if there is need for such with GNU
> Octave.
> I'm a Mac user and am interested to help get Octave 4.2.1 working better on
> Mac OS X 10.12.n.
> E.g., I'd selfishly like to help get uicontrol() working as well on Mac as
> it does on Fedora.
>
> Please advise if/how I might be of assistance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tim Biglow
Is QA = Question and Answers?

Useful sources:
Stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/octave)
Octave wiki
IRC channel
Planet Octave
"search the web"

Re: Octave QA needed?

Richard Crozier

On 07/08/17 10:25, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Timothy Biglow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm adept at software QA and wonder if there is need for such with GNU
>> Octave.
>> I'm a Mac user and am interested to help get Octave 4.2.1 working better on
>> Mac OS X 10.12.n.
>> E.g., I'd selfishly like to help get uicontrol() working as well on Mac as
>> it does on Fedora.
>>
>> Please advise if/how I might be of assistance.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Tim Biglow
> Is QA = Question and Answers?

I believe he refers to 'Quality Assurance', so testing etc. Something
Octave could always use more of!

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: Octave QA needed?

Tim Biglow
Yes, software testing (quality assurance).

Best & thanks, Tim Biglow

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 2:27 AM, Richard Crozier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 07/08/17 10:25, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Timothy Biglow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm adept at software QA and wonder if there is need for such with GNU
>>> Octave.
>>> I'm a Mac user and am interested to help get Octave 4.2.1 working better on
>>> Mac OS X 10.12.n.
>>> E.g., I'd selfishly like to help get uicontrol() working as well on Mac as
>>> it does on Fedora.
>>>
>>> Please advise if/how I might be of assistance.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Tim Biglow
>> Is QA = Question and Answers?
>
> I believe he refers to 'Quality Assurance', so testing etc. Something Octave could always use more of!
>
> Richard

Re: Octave QA needed?

Rik-4
On 08/07/2017 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: Octave QA needed?
From:
Tim Biglow [hidden email]
Date: