Octave command window showing unreadable text

Octave command window showing unreadable text

Kire Gasteovski

Hello,

I am Ubuntu user and installed Octave. When I start Octave, on the command window I see this:
">

However, after I run some commands, I can see they are in history and they do execute. I can see the text if I copy-paste it somewhere.

How can I make the command window text visible?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

octave.png (48K) Download Attachment
Tom

Re: Octave command window showing unreadable text

Tom
On 16/04/18 11:06, Kire Gasteovski wrote:

Hello,

I am Ubuntu user and installed Octave. When I start Octave, on the command window I see this:

However, after I run some commands, I can see they are in history and they do execute. I can see the text if I copy-paste it somewhere.

How can I make the command window text visible?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

I have the same problem - I have had this before and I cannot for the life of me remember the fix!

Tom

Re: Octave command window showing unreadable text

asb0656
Which version of Octave are you running?  I had a problem running the latest version (4.2.2).  I reverted to 4.0 and it works fine.
To downgrade, use the following commands:
sudo apt install octave-common=4.0.0-3ubuntu9.1
 sudo apt install octave=4.0.0-3ubuntu9.1