Octave compiler

Michel
Bonjour,

       I should like knowing if an equivalent Matlab compiler exists for
Octave. Goal is to create stand-alone executable  (.exe) and web-based
applications from Octave programs.

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372860/OctaveCompiler.png>

      If yes it exists, from what version?

Regards,

Michel

Re: Octave compiler

Ian McCallion
Hi Michel,

It does not exist, sadly. However launching the octave CLI is fast, so
supplying supply the function name and parameters is operationally
equivalent. I know this because I do it all the time when using my
code "in production".

I imagine the same could be done from your web app although I have
never tried it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers... Ian
On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 10:04, Michel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
>        I should like knowing if an equivalent Matlab compiler exists for
> Octave. Goal is to create stand-alone executable  (.exe) and web-based
> applications from Octave programs.
>
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372860/OctaveCompiler.png>
>
>       If yes it exists, from what version?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michel
>

> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Re: Octave compiler

Michel

Re: Octave compiler

Ian McCallion
Hi Michel,

That is only part of the solution and was not necessary in my case
(although I considered it) and I now install Octave on all the systems
that require it.

Passing parameters into Octave is a bit tricky. I have a short
boilerplate .cmd script that I copy and make minor changes to for each
octave function to be called from the command line. The script
combines the commandline parameters into a single string that is
passed into Octave and on to the target function, which then uses a
helper to recover the original parameters. This simplifies development
significantly, because the function can be called from the Octave
commandline too.

If this is of interest I can post the code.

Cheers... Ian

Re: Octave compiler

Francesco Potortì
>web-based applications from Octave programs.

Here you find an example web-based Octave application.  You can start
from it as an example:

 http://wnet.isti.cnr.it/software/damatfrc/

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
(entrance 20, 1st floor, room C71)     Web:    http://fly.isti.cnr.it