Octave crital error

Tarmo Tapio
Hi

I have update my xubuntu to version 18.04 and install octave from
flatpak. When I try to run GNU octave from the program list or command
window I get error:

The settings file
/home/tarmo/.config/octave/qt-settings
does not exist and can not be created.
Make sure you have read and write permissions to
/home/tarmo/.config/octave

Octave GUI must be closed now.

I have checked that I have all permissions to that file.

BR Tarmo

Re: Octave crital error

marco atzeri-2
Am 03.11.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Tarmo Tapio:

> Hi
>
> I have update my xubuntu to version 18.04 and install octave from
> flatpak. When I try to run GNU octave from the program list or command
> window I get error:
>
> The settings file
> /home/tarmo/.config/octave/qt-settings
> does not exist and can not be created.
> Make sure you have read and write permissions to
> /home/tarmo/.config/octave
>
> Octave GUI must be closed now.
>
> I have checked that I have all permissions to that file.
>
> BR Tarmo

/home/tarmo/.config/octaveshould be a directory

If you have a file move it and try again

---

Re: Octave crital error

Tarmo Tapio
Hi

I found solution.

cd .config/octave,      sudo chown $USER qt-settings

Tarmo