Octave doesn't display images or plots

Egidio Fabris
Hi everyone, I've some issues after installing Octave's latest version after changing the OS (Xubuntu 18.4). At the moment the major is that Octave doesn't display images nor plots. It open the floating window but there's the background image freeze in it.
It does so with mfiles I wrote a year or 2 ago or via commands in the bash.
I tried to use refresh or drawnow() but still doesn't work.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Re: Octave doesn't display images or plots

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:55 PM Egidio Fabris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone, I've some issues after installing Octave's latest version after changing the OS (Xubuntu 18.4). At the moment the major is that Octave doesn't display images nor plots. It open the floating window but there's the background image freeze in it.
It does so with mfiles I wrote a year or 2 ago or via commands in the bash.
I tried to use refresh or drawnow() but still doesn't work.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you have hit the font problem.
The first plot you do, octave looks at all the fonts on your machine
and registers them. This can take 10 to 20 minutes. so just be patient.
This is only for the first time, after that it is quick.

--
DASCertificate for 206392