Octave doesn't use startup.m ???

Tom Pollard-2
I've Read The F M, but I can't figure out where octave is looking for
a startup file.  It doesn't seem to read startup.m in the directory
which is current when octave is invoked.  What's the scoop here?

Perplexed and annoyed,

Tom

W. Thomas Pollard                       Department of Chemistry
[hidden email]         Columbia University

Re: Octave doesn't use startup.m ???

John Eaton-4
Tom Pollard <[hidden email]> wrote:

: I've Read The F M, but I can't figure out where octave is looking for
: a startup file.  It doesn't seem to read startup.m in the directory
: which is current when octave is invoked.  What's the scoop here?

When Octave starts, it looks for $OCTAVE_HOME/octaverc, then
~/.octaverc, then ./.octaverc.

This will be explained in greater detail in the next version of the
manual.

--
Virtually all of the programs obtained by our sampling | John W. Eaton
procedure were written in FORTRAN.  -- Donald E. Knuth | [hidden email]