Octave error: 'gcp' undefined

jbowren
Hi all,

I am trying to run this statistical research software, but when I run the main script I get: error: 'gcp' undefined near line 31 column 11.

I installed the package debian packages octave-parallel and octave-mpi, but they don't seem to include gcp. Do I need another package? If not, is there an alternative function/api I could use to work around this?

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Octave error: 'gcp' undefined

Olaf Till-2
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 07:32:57PM -0700, jbowren wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run  this
> <https://www.princeton.edu/~adamsc/documents/DictionaryLearning_v2.zip>
> statistical research software, but when I run the main script I get: error:
> 'gcp' undefined near line 31 column 11.
>
> I installed the package debian packages octave-parallel and octave-mpi, but
> they don't seem to include gcp. Do I need another package? If not, is there
> an alternative function/api I could use to work around this?
If you delete the lines related to 'gcp' and 'parpool', you may be
able to run your files with Octave. Any 'parfor' loops should be
treated as ordinary 'for' loops.

If you want to process user instructions of the code in parallel, you
should adapt the code to the API of 'octave-parallel'. You could use
e.g. 'parcellfun' or 'pararrayfun' for multicore operation, where no
equivalent of 'gcp' or 'parpool' is present or necessary. You can also
run user code on a cluster. Type 'parallel_doc' at the Octave prompt
to access a manual.

Olaf

Re: Octave error: 'gcp' undefined

jbowren
Thanks Olaf. I'll look into those functions. Too bad they are aren't
compatible here, but shouldn't be too hard to convert.

Josh