Octave in MacPorts

CdeMills
Dear all,

I had the opportunity to bring back to service an iMac. I few years ago I
used Octave from MacPorts. Looking recently, there are only a few Octave
binding, but no main executable on MacPorts. Any idea of the maintainers for
Octave on MacOS ?

Regards

Pascal

Re: Octave in MacPorts

bpabbott
Administrator
On Oct 31, 2017, at 4:35 AM, CdeMills <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,

I had the opportunity to bring back to service an iMac. I few years ago I
used Octave from MacPorts. Looking recently, there are only a few Octave
binding, but no main executable on MacPorts. Any idea of the maintainers for
Octave on MacOS ?

Regards

Pascal

Homebrew is maintaining support for Octave. Sebastian has a blog on Octave and has posted instructions to install Octave via homebrew.

Ben

Re: Octave in MacPorts

Sebastian Schöps
Dear all,

> On Oct 31, 2017, at 12:13 Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Oct 31, 2017, at 4:35 AM, CdeMills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I had the opportunity to bring back to service an iMac. I few years ago I
>> used Octave from MacPorts. Looking recently, there are only a few Octave
>> binding, but no main executable on MacPorts. Any idea of the maintainers for
>> Octave on MacOS ?
>
> Homebrew is maintaining support for Octave. Sebastian has a blog on Octave and has posted instructions to install Octave via homebrew.
>
> http://www.schoeps.org/home/tag/octave/

I used the opportunity to write a new post explaining how to install octave via homebrew with a working GUI.

Sebastian