Octave install from windows zip file

Lester Anderson
Hello,

I have just done a fresh install of Octave 4.2.1 using the zip file
(octave-4.2.1-w64.zip), and that works fine. However, it has no access
to installed packages:

The packages folder is present, including the latest versions of them:

C:\Octave\octave-4.2.1\share\octave\packages

GNU Octave, version 4.2.1
Copyright (C) 2017 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.

>> pkg list
no packages installed.
>> pkg load communications
error: package communications is not installed
error: called from
    load_packages at line 41 column 7
    pkg at line 411 column 7

Is there a configuration file to deal with packages?

Cheers
Lester

Re: Octave install from windows zip file

Lester Anderson
Problem solved!

pkg rebuild ....

On 6 September 2017 at 08:59, Lester Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just done a fresh install of Octave 4.2.1 using the zip file
> (octave-4.2.1-w64.zip), and that works fine. However, it has no access
> to installed packages:
>
> The packages folder is present, including the latest versions of them:
>
> C:\Octave\octave-4.2.1\share\octave\packages
>
> GNU Octave, version 4.2.1
> Copyright (C) 2017 John W. Eaton and others.
> This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
>
>>> pkg list
> no packages installed.
>>> pkg load communications
> error: package communications is not installed
> error: called from
>     load_packages at line 41 column 7
>     pkg at line 411 column 7
>>>

> Is there a configuration file to deal with packages?
>
> Cheers
> Lester

Re: Octave install from windows zip file

NJank
> However, it has no access
> to installed packages:

another reminder that we should really find a way to get the wiki address [1] in front of zip file users, and settle on something for bug #51632 [2]

Re: Octave install from windows zip file

Lester Anderson
Yes indeed. It was a quick fix, once I found the details, but we need
to make sure the documentation is correct for all users.