Octave upgrade-4.4.1

Harika Kotakonda

Hi Team,
We installed octave 4.4.1 version in Linux environment.
The application is working fine in rhel 7 environment. But in rhel 6 we are getting below errors.

checking for rsvg-convert... rsvg-convert

checking for g++... g++

checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

checking for g++ option to enable C++11 features... unsupported

checking for g++ option to enable C++98 features... none needed

checking dependency style of g++... gcc3

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E

configure: error: a compiler that fully supports C++11 is required to build Octave

The c++ compiler version is different in both rhel6 and rhel 7
gcc-c++-4.4.7-23.el6.x86_64-rhel6
gcc-c++-4.8.5-36.el7.x86_64-rhel 7

Can you help us on this asap?

Regards

Harika

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
this message.
Thank you

Re: Octave upgrade-4.4.1

siko1056
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 5:02 PM Harika Kotakonda <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...] in rhel 6 we are getting below errors.

[...]

configure: error: a compiler that fully supports C++11 is required to build Octave

The c++ compiler version is different in both rhel6 and rhel 7
gcc-c++-4.4.7-23.el6.x86_64-rhel6
gcc-c++-4.8.5-36.el7.x86_64-rhel 7

As the error message suggest: you need a compiler with C++11 features for the latest Octave version. That is in your case gcc starting from 4.8.1 [1], which seems to be unavailable by default on rhel 6.  Maybe you have to compile a newer version of gcc yourself if there are no packages available from your distributor.

Best,
Kai