Octave version 0.77 released

John Eaton-4
Octave version 0.77 is now available for ftp from ftp.che.utexas.edu
in the directory /pub/octave.  Compressed and gzipped tar files are
available, as are diffs relative to version 0.76.

PLEASE NOTE:  We are only distributing gzipped files because we no
longer have room to distribute both compressed and gzipped files.

Binaries for DECstation and SPARCstation systems are also available.

Binaries for other systems will be made available as time permits, or
as others make them available to us.  If you would like help out by
making binaries available for other systems, please contact
[hidden email].

This is primarily a bug-fixing release, but there are also two new
features:

  * Improved help.  The command `help -i topic' now uses the GNU Info
    browser to display help for the given topic directly from the
    Texinfo documenation.

  * New function: chol -- Cholesky factorization.

--
John W. Eaton      | Among other things, we have added the missing semicolon.
[hidden email] |                   -- Jim Blandy, announcing Emacs 19.15.