Octconf 2015 in Darmstadt

Sebastian Schöps
Dear Octavers,

we proudly announce that the upcoming Octconf 2015 will take place at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany [1] (located in close neighborhood to Frankfurt - well known due to its airport). The event will be hosted in the seminar and lecture rooms of the Graduate School of Computational Engineering [2]. My colleagues and I are very honored to be the organizers since we are heavy users of Octave in teaching and research but didn't contribute as much as we would have liked to so far.

We will work out the details within the next few weeks and set up a wiki page. However, let me give you some ideas: we will try to organize Octconf at end of July or beginning of September. In either case, we try to ensure that all main developers that want to attend can do so. Furthermore, we will prebook some rooms in a proper hotel nearby and possibly rooms in a youth hostel too (for the young and venturous developers) [3]. Finally, excursions to ESOC and/or GSI for the technology enthusiasts [4,5] and to Mathildenhöhe [6] for the art lovers are planned.

We did not start fund raising yet but we hope to invite 4-5 (transatlantic) speakers. Please contact us with recommendations and if you have any further ideas, recommendations or particular wishes.

Looking forward seeing you in Darmstadt,
Sebastian

[1] http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/universitaet/index.en.jsp
[2] http://www.graduate-school-ce.de
[3] http://www.djh-hessen.de/jugendherbergen/darmstadt/