Print with gnuplot

pironman
Hi to everyone.
I'm trying to print a graph with some greek letters. To do that, I activate
the "graphics_toolkit gnuplot".
In that graph there is a grid, with the octave anteprime I see this grid
dashed, but the printed pdf is a continue line. Can I make it dashed, and
thinner?
Another question: this happen with windows 7. I try the same code in another
pc, with Debian Stretch, and in this case I have the line in the graph
purple, also if i set "color","black", why?

Thank you

Re: Print with gnuplot

Pantxo
pironman wrote

> Hi to everyone.
> I'm trying to print a graph with some greek letters. To do that, I
> activate
> the "graphics_toolkit gnuplot".
> In that graph there is a grid, with the octave anteprime I see this grid
> dashed, but the printed pdf is a continue line. Can I make it dashed, and
> thinner?
> Another question: this happen with windows 7. I try the same code in
> another
> pc, with Debian Stretch, and in this case I have the line in the graph
> purple, also if i set "color","black", why?
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

What version of Octave are you using? Since Octave 4.2, OpenGL based tookits
(qt and fltk) are able to print greek letters (even though the support for
printed strings with "tex" interpreter should be better in Octave 4.4). I
don't know if it will solve your problems but printing from OpenGL based
toolkits is generally more WYSIWYG (but also has its own quirks).

Sorry for the non response, I don't use gnuplot.

Pantxo

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.

Re: Print with gnuplot

tmacchant

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> I use in windows, at work, octave 4.4, I try with - dpdflatexstandalone instead of - dpdf, and in Windows work perfectly. Then, I try again at home with my pc, octave 4.0.3 running on debian stretch, the same code, but it didn't work. The graph is not complete and with wrong proportions, and paperposition work in wrong mode, with the first digit that move vertically instead of horizontally. Why in Windows works, but in debian not?
>
> Thank you
>
> Il 30 maggio 2018 18:03:42 CEST, Pantxo <[hidden email]> ha scritto:pironman wrote
>  Hi to everyone.
>  I'm trying to print a graph with some greek letters. To do that, I
>  activate
>  the "graphics_toolkit gnuplot".
>  In that graph there is a grid, with the octave anteprime I see this grid
>  dashed, but the printed pdf is a continue line. Can I make it dashed, and
>  thinner?
>  Another question: this happen with windows 7. I try the same code in
>  another
>  pc, with Debian Stretch, and in this case I have the line in the graph
>  purple, also if i set "color","black", why?
>
>  Thank you
>

>  --
>  Sent from:
>  http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html
>
> What version of Octave are you using? Since Octave 4.2, OpenGL based tookits
> (qt and fltk) are able to print greek letters (even though the support for
> printed strings with "tex" interpreter should be better in Octave 4.4). I
> don't know if it will solve your problems but printing from OpenGL based
> toolkits is generally more WYSIWYG (but also has its own quirks).
>
> Sorry for the non response, I don't use gnuplot.
>
> Pantxo

Windows or not is not related. graphics toolkit gnuplot is buggy on octave 4.0.x.
As far as I remember, the bugs were fixed in octave 4.2.

Tatsuro

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.

Re: Print with gnuplot

tmacchant
I have never use debian so that I cannot give you a solution.
Please re-post by the title like
"Octave 4.2 or later on debian stable"

Tatsuro

Re: Print with gnuplot

tmacchant

Octave 4.2 or later on debian (was Re: Print with gnuplot)

tmacchant

octave anteprime I see this grid

quirks).

I only use ubuntu as linux distribution. Does anyone give information the recent octave on debian?|

Tatsuro