Problem Duplicating a Graph

Thomas D. Dean-2
I backed into a paper that contained some matlab code.

http://ccar.colorado.edu/asen5050/projects/projects_2012/sparks/

The code runs, but, does not produce the Figure 5, like the paper.  A
plot is produced, but, it looks different.

Anyone see problems with the code?

Tom Dean

Re: Problem Duplicating a Graph

NJank
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Thomas D. Dean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The code runs, but, does not produce the Figure 5, like the paper.  A plot is produced, but, it looks different.

The code provided doesn't reproduce that figure in Matlab either, and both Octave and Matlab produce the same output.  I attached a screenshot of the "2018 Mars Launch Window Transfer Orbits" plot made with Octave 4.2.1 and Matlab 2016b. They are more or less the same.

plots_octave4.2.1_and_matlab2016b.PNG (109K) Download Attachment

On 03/17/2017 09:22 AM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Thomas D. Dean <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>

>> The code runs, but, does not produce the Figure 5, like the paper.  A
> plot is produced, but, it looks different.
>

> The code provided doesn't reproduce that figure in Matlab either, and
> both Octave and Matlab produce the same output.  I attached a screenshot
> of the "2018 Mars Launch Window Transfer Orbits" plot made with Octave
> 4.2.1 and Matlab 2016b. They are more or less the same.

Thanks for checking.  Maybe that group will not get to Mars?

Tom Dean