Problem Saving Plots as JPG

Fritz Sonnichsen
I am trying to save a generated plot as a jpg.
I am using both the "saveas" command and also trying to save the plot
directly via its gui.

Octave just hangs  when I do either.
I have set the graphics package to q1, fltk, and gnuplot. None work.
Same problem with png. (pdf works just fine).

Any ideas?
Thanks
Fritz

Re: Problem Saving Plots as JPG

Ian McCallion
On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 16:45 Fritz Sonnichsen, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to save a generated plot as a jpg.
I am using both the "saveas" command and also trying to save the plot
directly via its gui.

Octave just hangs  when I do either.
I have set the graphics package to q1, fltk, and gnuplot. None work.
Same problem with png. (pdf works just fine).

Any ideas?

This is how I was told to plot to file:
------
  figure(1, 'visible', 'off');
  plot(mystuff);
  print (1, filename.jpg);
  close(1);
-------

It always seems to work for me. I use gnuplot.

Note that plotting to jpg or png is rather slow in octave. Possibly you are not being patient enough?

Cheers... Ian

Re: Problem Saving Plots as JPG

Fritz Sonnichsen
Thanks Ian.
    I rebooted my PC and not the jpg save feature works.
cheers
fritz